The aim of the Project is to construct a solar photovoltaic (PV) power plant in Vila Nova de Milfontes (solar park 1 or solar park 2), in Odemira municipality, Beja distric, as well as the appropriate power transport line.
- It aims to produce electricity through the use of solar energy, characterized as renewable and as non-polluting source.
- The solar plants are composed of solar generators, each one integrating an inverter station and a transformation station.
- The solar park 1 is composed of 30 937 solar photovoltaic panels arranged on fixed metallic structures, occupying an area of approximately 5 hectares, with a total power of 9 MW and an average annual production of 16.3 GWh / year.
- The power transport line at 15kV and with 5 km long ensures the connetion between the Project I and the Electricity Public Service System (Vila Nova de Milfontes substation).
- The solar park 2 is composed of 21 288 solar photovoltaic panels arranged on fixed metallic structures, occupying an area of approximately 3.27 hectares, with a total power of 6 MW and an average annual production of 10.9 GWh/year.
- The power transport line at 30kV and with 4 km long ensures the connetion between the Project II and the Electricity Public Service System (Vila Nova de Milfontes substation).
Environmental Incidences Assessment Report of the Vila Nova de Milfontes Solar Central 1 and 2 (individual assessments), which comprises the following activities: Reference analysis and characterization of the situation in the area affected by the construction of the ventures concerning different relevant aspects (climate, water quality and hydrology, biodiversity, socioeconomy, air quality, sound environment, architectonic and archaeological heritage, soil occupation and spatial planning and landscape), Identification and assessment of the environmental impacts concerning these environmental aspects, Proposition for mitigation measures for a reduction of the significance of identified environmental impacts, Proposition for compensatory policies, Proposition for monitoring programs to follow the evolution of the area affected in the analyzed environmental aspects. It also included the Environmental Management Plan of construction works.